Peel away the skin....


Gay life in Trinidad ( my experiences) is very shallow, no one seems to want anything meaningful ...once you cross 25 you are labeled as old and outdated...I'm over 25 but i look like 19...i lie about my age constantly, I'm not ashamed to say that...why do i lie you ask...cause when i blurt out the truth everyone thinks I'm lying and its a battle to prove that i'm not which is usually only resloved by me whipping out my ID card..so when someone asks me :hey how old are you? my reply is : "how old do i look?" any number they call i agree ...19,20,21,22..it doesn't matter no one ever goes above 22..hmmm....where was i going with this? O yea Gays (not all) in Trinidad are way too shallow, only about the hot bodies, and abnormally perfect hair....reminds me of a line from a song by Jewel "every body is a nice body but their souls are like shadows hollow inside" I'm all for the up keep of one self, but i would much rather have an average looking guy with a gentle touch and a caring heart, than a total hottie who has nothing else to offer....too many judgments are cast upon people based solely on looks...This weekend a guy on my msn, a friend of mine.. told me i could do so much better than my current BF, that he is too average...that i need someone as hott as his BF, i just laughed it casually off and changed the subject, i was 2 seconds away from telling him he complains about his Hott Bf more than anything else, but i bit my tongue...i'm trying to be a different person...(not a bitch)

1 comments:

HSisland said...

My time with my gay counterparts in Trinidad has certainly reflected some of your views.

One is quite image conscious and often needs his partners to meet a high level of physical requirements, in addition giving him compliments of course.

The others are older, mature and in one case, well graced from experience rather than age. Their partners were often been chosen for personality rather than physical beauty.

Aside from friends, the party culture is very image driven and I do wonder how the more avg blocks get by.