Manniversary

My 5 year "manniversary" was quickly upon me , I called him on Friday, the day would have been the Sunday  I asked him , what's  the big plans for the weekend, he then proceeded to rattle on a list of tasks he had to accomplish, the usual...Gym, some work, cook, grocery shopping , hang out with some co workers...i asked anything else, he quickly added spend some time with you of course. He forgot.

I hung up the phone, utterly bewildered . How to feel...angry? Sad? indifferent? clearly this occasion didn't mean anything to him. I decided to call him back and just say it. I did , he stated of course he remembered , a tall lie of course. What would you like to do? 

What would I like to do? I couldn't help but scoff , I've been reminding him of this since December, and asking to make solid plans. Nothing ever came of it.

So what did I do on that day? He took me for a haircut, then we went to the grocery, and the mall. The end.
Basically errands. I decided and I told him , no more celebrations of anniversaries.

I always get disappointed 

2 comments:

naturgesetz said...

That does sound disappointing. But some people are like that: they just aren't that concerned about anniversaries. So as long as the relationship seems to be good in the present, I wouldn't be to upset about it. Perhaps it's wise to stop celebrating them if you can (to avoid disappointment if you can) or else t decide that you'll do the planning rather than requiring him to come up with something.

The Blue Wolf said...

Ive decided to take the reins and plan something, no matter how small it is :)