And the fabric unravels ....


Its been 3 years since i accepted that i was indeed gay, I fought it for as long as i could but u can't fight nature no matter how hard you try, and i have tried hard. I wanted a family, i still do actually...i wanted a big Hindu wedding with lots of dancing, tassa, friends, family, food...i cant have that now, in fact i don't think i will be able to get married at all.It hurts, i curse god sometimes i didn't ask to be born this way, i didn't have a choice in the matter....or did i? The beginning is so hard to write about, it means i will have to go within myself, find the lost forgotten memories, relive the pain, relive the shame , walk down the broken path....i must...I've made this decision to....too many nights, memories haunt me, to many times i find myself beating the positivity out of me....i am my own worse enemy, I'm doing this because i want to become my friend...i want to look at myself in the mirror and say.....its ok, i love me.....finding the words or where to start is a challenge but start i must and start i will .....I'm a gay Trinidadian of east Indian descent , I'll be 25 this year but i think like a 12 year old in fact many times you'll probably find me playing catch or some other game with my little brother....i come from a medium size family 8 of us in all ,2 brothers and 3 sisters, both my parents. Typical Hindu home i guess, but what is really typical?, I personally am not abundantly religious but i do pray and i do believe in god.I currently have a wonderful boyfriend, the second gay relationship i've had...I'm a happy person most of the times....scratch that....these days most of the times i am a depressed person...well here goes the story is about to unfold *takes deep breath*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Man, I am actually very, very interested in what it means to be gay and come from a Trini Hindu background.

So when I tell you to not stop writing there is a bit of selfishness in there...

Take your time though. Break up the posts into several installments. You don't have to write everything all at once--just write when the mood hits you.

(I'll recommend Windows Live Writer to you. It helps me blog mush more easily than logging in and using the web editor from blogger.)

Welcome to blogging man!

P.S. Have you also seen Trinifella's blog?

The Blue Wolf said...

Thkns for the comments i didnt think anyone would actually read. Big T-U for the welcome

Anonymous said...

I can relate to a lot of what you feel like.

Welcome to blogging.

HIV Positive Trini said...

I totally dig the whole wanting a "big hindu wedding" thing.

I think as Hindus, we grow up hearing from our parents 'of the day, when we get married'

Apart from it being a lot of fun, the hindu wedding for us was a way to make our family happy..

I still wanna get married....

The Blue Wolf said...

@fella at Trinidad: I'm still getting the cmnt" when are you getting married?" from my parents